How to Cure a Hangover?
The question of how to cure a hangover has been asked for many many years now and the internet is awash with various hangover cures and remedies. In our opinion there is unfortunately no sure thing as a cure. But we have complied a few of our favourite tips to help you survive and help you over come those dreaded hangovers!
Just when you’re off to bed after a heavy drinking night, you feel dizzy and thirsty. Your muscles feel like they’ve been ripped apart, and you cannot concentrate. Even when you wake up the following day, you don’t feel well. This is why, in this article, we will be presenting you with the top 7 ways you can cure your hangover. Check them out:
- Hydrate your body: The main reason for dizziness and thirst is that your body lacks water. You might know that alcohol suppresses the ADH (Antidiuretic Hormone). As a result, your body loses water through urine. Therefore, having a glass of fruit juice can help. Or why not try taking some of our award winning rehydration powders !
- Have a plate of bacon, eggs, or broccoli: Alcohol is converted to acetaldehyde during digestion, which is responsible for headaches and a feeling of nausea. As eggs contain cysteine, an amino acid that helps decrease acetaldehyde, you will feel better from the hangover.
- Visit oxygen bars: Yes, inhaling oxygen from those pipes can help you and they can be found near your bar or nightclub. It is not recommended to use scents as they have various oils; just use the plain ones. This element will help you sleep better and prevent fatigue.
- Eat bananas and avocados: To replenish the amount of potassium in your body, avocados are a great choice. Bananas, with toasts or carbohydrate-rich snacks, are helpful to replace the sugar loss from blood. Bouillon soup is recommended as well to ensure salt intake.
- Use painkillers: If the natural methods don’t prove to be effective, use Advil, Aleve, or Motrin to help yourself. Do not intake aspirin at any cost, as this will hurt your stomach, making hangovers even worse. An extreme dosage of Acetaminophen can cause liver damage, so it is better to stay out of it as well.
- Intake red ginseng and prickly pear: This ancient Chinese medicine still works today to reduce inflammation and stimulate brain functions. Its freshness can also enlighten your mood and help you restore concentration. Additionally, Eleuthera or borage oils are good cure items.
- Take adequate rest and wait for some time: Your body is trained to heal itself. As a result, the best thing to do is to give it some time to recalculate sugar levels and be used to alcohol absence; the main reason of hangovers.
Hangovers tend to get over after a while, so it is nothing to worry about. Nonetheless, you should always be aware of this and prevent it. Studies have shown people who tend to eat while drinking, or drink after a meals are less susceptible to get a hangover. Drinking water along with alcohol at the same time helps as well as taking breaks before each drink. Drinks with few congeners, a chemical that flavors beverages, do not cause severe hangovers.
If you’re symptoms worsen, please seek guidance from a health professional. Nevertheless, try to control your drinking habit to live a long and healthy life. We know you can! Maybe a hangover cure does not exist as such, but regardless of what you drink, always remember to stay hydrated :)