Which Drinks Contain The Most Electrolytes
Top 5 Drinks that help you replenish electrolytes in no time!
It is essential to replenish electrolytes after a morning walk or a marathon as these are vital minerals that mainly include sodium, potassium, and magnesium. Without these, our bodies would be very inefficient in absorbing and storing water. In this article, we will discuss what beverages help with rehydration, how they replace lost salts, and why you should use them in the first place. Let’s get started!
- Milk. Milk is not just a breakfast item; it helps replenish electrolytes such as calcium, sodium, and potassium. A glass of milk after a strenuous exercise can provide you incredible amounts of energy due to its high carb portions. If you’re looking to build muscles or at least repair them, the proteins in milk will help you do that. However, this low-fat drink isn’t an excellent choice for lactose-intolerant people, and for vegans, soy milk instead of cow milk will do the work too.
- Coconut juice. This delicious juice is indeed a treat during the hot summers. Green coconut water does contain a few grams of sugar, so they act as an energy provider. Sodium, potassium, and magnesium are available in significant amounts in this drink, and with sodium triggering thirst, you feel an urge to intake more fluids, which is good! Potassium helps cool your body down, and magnesium strengthens your bones along with calcium.
- Squeezed watermelon. A cup of fresh and pressed watermelon is enough to replenish electrolytes lost in a day. Yes, there are high numbers of calcium and phosphorus in watermelon juice, and the added chemical L-citrulline encourages oxygen transport resulting in faster and better metabolism.
- Shakes and smoothies. No one enjoys having the plain, tasteless water over and over. That is why we suggest a flavored, sweet and delicious drink that is appreciated by all! Yes, a glass of smoothie, milkshake or any fruit shake can give you the minerals your body requires. Smoothies work best after exercise as the glucose in them gives you a boost as well and replaces vital nutrients.
- Replenish Electrolyte drinks. Nowadays, athletes, sportspeople, and even regular office men require efficient yet effective bodies to do their best. To do such, drinking plain water isn’t enough; we need those charged minerals. Some of us may be intolerant to the natural sources of gaining these charged minerals, for example, lactose-intolerant people, and so, these in powdered form are getting popular day by day. These are made by adding hydration supplements, I.e., some powder to water and mixing them. Note that the packets have just the right amount of nutrients you need, so you will be sure to track your requirements eventually. Our personal favourite has to be Revival...of course ;)
The drinks mentioned above have proven to replenish electrolytes efficiently while providing you with other nutrients such as carbs and proteins. Nonetheless, other beverages such as mineral water, fruit juices, and many others have electrolytes and can be an excellent option for you.
We are hopeful this article has helped you and wish you a happy health!