Role of oral rehydration solution in weight loss
It is vital to drink enough fluid when trying to lose weight or lead a healthier lifestyle. To keep the body hydrated, oral rehydration solution or electrolyte supplements can be used. H2O consumption is believed to promote weight loss in many studies. H2O is also crucial for digestion and muscle function and several factors that affect weight loss.
1. Hydration helps you burn fat and boosts your metabolism Drinking liquids increases the metabolic rate of healthy men and women by 30 percent, according to a study published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism.
2. Fluids suppresses appetite naturally Thirst is often misunderstood as hunger. Those who drank two cups of liquid before each meal could lose five pounds more than those who did not drink fluids. In response to the stomach feeling full, the brain sends a signal to cease eating. Before or while eating, consuming H2O can help fill the stomach, resulting in a sense of fullness and consuming fewer calories.
3. H2O removes toxins and waste Filtering toxins and waste with H2O or electrolyte supplements helps your kidneys retain essential nutrients and electrolytes. Drinking more fluids causes your kidneys to pass through more urine. However, when you are dehydrated, your body cannot remove waste properly. Drinking plenty of fluids prevents debris from accumulating.
4. Calories can be saved with healthy hydration When you drink liquids or electrolyte supplements or oral rehydration solution instead of another beverage, you're decreasing your calorie intake. Unfortunately, the calories in even some of the "healthy" drinks add up. Overeating leads to weight gain, as we all know.
5. Liquids helps you exercise more effectively Insufficient fluid consumption can negatively affect your performance during workouts. Exercise enhances the effectiveness of your lungs, heart, and other organs by keeping them hydrated. Besides, staying adequately hydrated will help you avoid fatigue and muscle cramps during your workouts. Therefore, drink plenty of liquids before, during, and after working out to prevent dehydration. Rehydration sachets may also be used to keep the body hydrated.
6. Drinking water has other health benefits Liquids makes up 60 percent of the human body, so hydration affects many bodily processes besides weight loss.
7. Your brain gets a boost from water Your brain depends on H2O, just like the rest of your body. It is because 73 percent of the brain is composed of liquid. According to research published in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition, even mild dehydration adversely affects your ability to perform tasks that require attention, cognitive functions, physical movement, and immediate memory.
8. Oral Rehydration solution helps in maintaining Blood pressure Rehydration sachets or oral rehydration solution plays a crucial role in keeping the body's blood flowing smoothly. As you become dehydrated, your blood cell ratio changes, causing your blood to become thicker and denser. It adds to the heart's stress by increasing the difficulty of pumping blood through the heart.